2018 Wrangler feature discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Wrangler feature discussion

'07 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 Ram 1500 Crew, '73 Super Beetle, '08 KLR650, '07 Suxuki GZ250 (wife)
    a '73 CJ5 i used to own , Find your State Laws

Thanks for posting b1piG. I saw that post once before. Wasn't really happy with what they were reporting. So I looked a little more into it.

Man....i love what Jeep has planned for this JL. New colors. Can't wait to see what Taco is. Lol. But what intrigued me. The new motor combos. The 3.6, is an awesome motor. But now......a turbo diesel, a turbo v-6.... . Cant wait to see their options. Light combos, another awesome upgrade. Not to mention. A possible pick up. I saw a video before this one. Really thought it was a great concept. As long as they keep it to a 2 door. JK type of Jeep. Reasoning. Although the the JKU may have saved the Jeep brand. Personally. I don't think a 4 door pick up would work. And it could really hurt the Jeep brand.

From what I've seen. I really like the new body lines. The entire rig looks some what more aggressive. Which I always thought Jeeps lacked. Fresh off the line. Very dorkie. Which I truly believe the phrase began. Jeeps are not bought. They are built.

From what I've seen from the 18 JL. At least their giving us a head start. Just my thoughts.

Comment

Man.....this site is dead. Sorry to see it. Oh well. And I hate frickin Facebook.

Comment

Jeepthurmick Welcome to the age of engineered obsolescence. The JK/JKU has just been replaced bu something totally hideous. No one knows what it feels like to have own a YJ, Tj and now a JK as we're left to fin for ourselves. I can think of so many bad things to say about the new JL and only one good thing, The new JT but even that one isn't going to happen. A Diesel JT with ESS?.. give me a break.. I'm finding a 50/50 split among ex-wrangler owners. But the fact are the facts. as of 2018 ALL vehicles are suppose to have this ESS system install on them. As of yet I've not heard if there is an after market add which forced those vehicle without ESS, to be ESS compliant. if that day arrives, We'll either have to walk, ride a bike or all get motorcycles as these aren't required to have ESS.. Yet.

Comment

Well. I stopped by a local dealer a few weeks ago after seeing an Unlimited Sport on the lot. It was $41,000 with a few options. I was dismayed by the price. Sticker shock doesn't cover it. Its sickening the way prices have gone up. My new release 2007 JKU Rubicon with a couple options was $32,000. A Rubicon. Not a Sport. A Rubicon.

There are several aspects around the JL that I like. Many which .. if I were in a position to buy a new vehicle, I would consider trading my JK in for a new JL. Considering price? No. No way. No how. My 2015 Ram Crew with 5.7 Hemi, 10,000lb towing capacity averaging 19-20mpg per tank with that same $42,000 sticker price was a better buy than a meagerly optioned JL Sport.

I like it. But in no way do I consider it worth $42,000. I could see a well appointed Sahara up here in the 40's... but not a Sport. Your baseline entry. You can buy a 370hp V8 Sedan (Charger) for around $32,000.
          '07 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 Ram 1500 Crew, '73 Super Beetle, '08 KLR650, '07 Suxuki GZ250 (wife)
          a '73 CJ5 i used to own , Find your State Laws

Comment

Working...
          X