Jl over load?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jl over load?

Check out the link for more information. Either it's going to become a bargain or a bust as dealer inventory is at MAX levels https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-up-on-dealer-lots-in-risk-signal-for-detroit
    Attached Files

they are not selling because they are over priced... in my opinion.

sure, we can shake a finger at inflation.... but a dollar is still a dollar. Window sticker on my 07 Unlimited Rubicon was $32,000. I can't touch a Sport at that price level.... and we are talking a span of 11 years? Please. I don' t think its that they're building too many of them. If they priced the dang things at a point where they are more affordable, they'd sell better. Don't forget your dealers adding their "adjusted market value" to the window sticker.... because, its the only "convertable, 4wd" on the market.... thats "trail rated".....

I bought a well trimmed Ram 1500 (2wd) with a 5.7, 5 times the towing capacity, 8.4 touch, navigation and room to fit 5 comfortably..... for the same price I've been seeing most of the Unlimited Sport JL's on the lots. I bought a 2wd truck because I knew I'd leave it alone if I did. And I have.... except for the stereo... But that's not the point, here is it? When the TJ was on the market, you could buy that for way less than any of the trucks out there unless you were looking at work-truck level of trims. Today, not so much.
    '07 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 Ram 1500 Crew, '73 Super Beetle, '08 KLR650, '07 Suxuki GZ250 (wife)
    a '73 CJ5 i used to own , Find your State Laws

Comment

Agreed the price puts it out of reach of the traditional Wrangler buyer. It hurt a bit getting trail rash on my new 33K JK so I'm not sure it's okay with a new 50+ JL. Lots of nice improvements made on the JL to attract more mall crawlers + soccer mom type folks not that there is anything wrong with that. Besides the price increase these NEW buyers are or will realize quickly that the JL doesn't make a good SUV with so many choices out there. FCA is using the JL as it's new cash cow as nothing much else is outstanding. Wranglers never needed rebates or incentives but the JL could change all that.
      Last edited by aggreX; 03-09-2019, 10:15 PM.

Comment

I don't know... In different ways, the smaller Jeeps are pretty darn nice. A friend just bought a used 2016 Compass and they are in absolute love with it. Another bought his wife a Cherokee Trailhawk around two years ago. She absolutely loves it. Neither of them do any offroading, but the Cherokee is driven in inclement weather over long haul trips.

I kinda like the little Renegade Trailhawk... but I don't think I would bother with a Grand Cherokee Trailhawk based off of what I've read on the driveline options. I like a SOLID lock between front and rear. None of this full time AWD with "electronic spin control" tomfoolery.

We almost bought a Durango a few years ago, but chose not to.... and when I traded my 500 Abarth in, we ended up with a rental Durango that was v6 with AWD... and that thing was NICE. VERY nice. Wife was impressed with it and we almost considered buying one. Bought a Ram 1500 instead.

Regardless. The JL is no Toyota 4Runner. Nor is it a Nissan Pathfinder (which is now a dang lifted car). Its a Jeep. One that is "designed" to be driven in difficult terrain, the tops/doors removed and generally soiled. Removable parts mean tendency to leak... wind noise.... wear/tear.... and then the vehicle takes hits on reviews for it. Sure Jeeps retain resale value pretty well, but the market is becoming flooded with overpriced USED Jeeps as well.
        '07 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 Ram 1500 Crew, '73 Super Beetle, '08 KLR650, '07 Suxuki GZ250 (wife)
        a '73 CJ5 i used to own , Find your State Laws

Comment

Working...
        X