Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cold Air Intake + magnaflow exhaust sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold Air Intake + magnaflow exhaust sound?

Hey everyone! Iím new here and am looking for any advice or knowledge of how a k&n 77 series + a magnaflow exhaust sounds with the 3.6l v6 in my 2015 JK? I installed the k&n already and love it but am curious what the addition of the magnaflow is going to do from an auditory perspective. Thanks in advance!

Running the Magnaflow 15160 black SS axle back dual tip muffler. Looks great, ez to install and sounds good with no drone. Might be a bit loud on acceleration but quiets down at cruising speed. As with all dual tip mufflers they are not good for off-road as they will scrape and get trail rash. Next time it will be a high-tuck exhaust system. High cost is the other big con with this muffler and all the other similar "performance" systems. Don't expect any power or mpg increase. Retails for nearly $600 but shopping got mine in the 400s which is still too high.
    Attached Files

Comment

Noise.

I had a Flowmaster 40 series on mine. Last I saw it, it was sliding off of the side of I44 somewhere near Fletcher, OK. I also had a K&N FIPK on mine. I removed it and sold it. You may like it, but it annoyed the crap out of me. The whole dash would vibrate under acceleration... and when accelerating, you couldn't even carry on a conversation. I run a K&N drop-in and put my stock muffler back on.

A friend sold his 08. He RIPP long tubes, resonator and the skinny magnaflow on it. That thing was LOUD. Like, piss the neighbors off, loud.

Only saying... everyone's preference is different. You may not like what someone else does. I admit that the 40 series and my shortie headers sounded pretty good on my '07. Not the intake, though.
      '07 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 Ram 1500 Crew, '73 Super Beetle, '08 KLR650, '07 Suxuki GZ250 (wife)
      a '73 CJ5 i used to own , Find your State Laws

Comment

Working...
      X