X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ligoweez
    Wheeler
    • Mar 2004

Drive Line Vibes

My 05 TJ has developed a drive line vibration. 4.0L 6 speed. When your cruising down the road it vibrates but when you put the clutch in and let off the throttle it quits. I haven't really had a chance to dig into it yet because my wife has been driving it for work but I'm hoping I can figure it out before something grenades...... She just told me about it last night. Last Sunday I noticed some popping sounds that I believe are coming from the rear end. It almost sounds like the noise a locker makes but my diff is open not locked.

This morning I checked the u joints on the drive shafts and all are tight. The wife had to go to work so when she gets home I need to check the rear diff fluid and I want to check the T-case fluid too. I'm not sure if it would be tranny related or not???

Also, Tuesday night the check engine light came on... Not sure if its related of just a coincidence?
    Red '05 Rocky Mountain TJ, 6 Speed, 31's, D44, All stock for now.
    Low and Slow......Thats How I Roll!!!!
  • OhioYJ
    in-famously viral
    • Mar 2005

The check engine light shouldn't have anything to do with the vibration.

Have you jacked the thing up and checked for slop in the pinion bearings, out put shaft, you sure the driveshaft is tight?
    95 YJ: 4.0, AX15, SOA, RE SOA Springs, 1" shackles, 1" body, SYE, locked 44, locked 8.8, high steer w/crossover, 37x12.5's on 15x10 beadlocks, OBA, winch, and a few other things. My Build Up Post -- Photos -- Jeep FAQ -- Mike

Comment

• Knuckelhead
      Maybe I like poo?
      • Nov 2004

Do the key trick to see what the OBD II code is...
      AFSOC, retired...
      "Here's my strategy on the Cold War: We win, they lose". - Ronald Reagan-

Comment

• Buzooka Joe
        Senior Wheeler
        • Apr 2001

Check the trans mount

Comment

Working...