2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport Wheels sizes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport Wheels sizes

I want to install some bigger rims and tires. and get rid of the stock ones. What is the biggest tire and rim I can run without rubbing any where. Greatly appreciate all the help

Thanks
    Darrell

31x10.5s are definitely safe. A 31x10.5 would work best on a 15x8 wheel (7-9 is what is recommended for that size tire, 8" is generally what is used). On backspacing for the wheel, where do you live? Do you live in a place that will harass you if all of your tire is not covered by the fender flare? Most people would opt for 4-4.5" of backspace, generally 4.5" with that wheel. In this case 4.5" would stick the tire just barely outside the fender flare. If you go more backspace 5.5" which is common (to get the tires fully under the flare), you will need to add to your steering stops otherwise you will rub at full turn.
    95 YJ: 4.0, AX15, SOA, RE SOA Springs, 1" shackles, 1" body, SYE, locked 44, locked 8.8, high steer w/crossover, 37x12.5's on 15x10 beadlocks, OBA, winch, and a few other things. My Build Up Post -- Photos -- Jeep FAQ -- Mike

Comment

Originally posted by chitimacha View Post
      I want to install some bigger rims and tires. and get rid of the stock ones. What is the biggest tire and rim I can run without rubbing any where. Greatly appreciate all the help
      It should be noted, if you ever plan on going larger / wider, go with the less backspacing, of 4" or so. If you go to a wider tire than 10.5, say a 12 or 12.5, on a wheel with a 5 or 5.5" of backspace, the tire will rub everywhere. You will need wheel spacers, which I am not a fan of.
      95 YJ: 4.0, AX15, SOA, RE SOA Springs, 1" shackles, 1" body, SYE, locked 44, locked 8.8, high steer w/crossover, 37x12.5's on 15x10 beadlocks, OBA, winch, and a few other things. My Build Up Post -- Photos -- Jeep FAQ -- Mike

Comment

Working...
      X