YJ Axle tube diameter? – D30 and D35C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YJ Axle tube diameter? – D30 and D35C

Looking to do a ubolt flip on my 93 YJ. Going to make some “perches” for the top of the axles to mount the plates out of some 2X stock I've got laying around. I’ve had a little trouble finding the OD of the axle tubes – found some conflicting info on the OD’s online…

Does this look right?
    Dana 35C – 2 5/8” OD
    Dana 30 – 2 ˝” OD

Thanks, SW
    93 YJ, 4.0L, Auto, 4.10's, RE 4.5" lift, 35" BFG MT's KM2, MORE 1" BL, MORE 1" MML, MORE Boomerangs, AA SYE, Tom Woods shaft, D44 ARB rear, D30 ARB front, TBT Trail Cage, Shrockworks Sliders, Warn X8000i

looks about right. id double check that with a measuring tape around the tube and divide that number by pi.
    94 YJ with a bunch of cool parts -- Bill

Comment

Looks about right, I've always used 2.5" perches on the stock axles.
      95 YJ: 4.0, AX15, SOA, RE SOA Springs, 1" shackles, 1" body, SYE, locked 44, locked 8.8, high steer w/crossover, 37x12.5's on 15x10 beadlocks, OBA, winch, and a few other things. My Build Up Post -- Photos -- Jeep FAQ -- Mike

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation.
        Gonna see about cutting the metal this weekend...
        93 YJ, 4.0L, Auto, 4.10's, RE 4.5" lift, 35" BFG MT's KM2, MORE 1" BL, MORE 1" MML, MORE Boomerangs, AA SYE, Tom Woods shaft, D44 ARB rear, D30 ARB front, TBT Trail Cage, Shrockworks Sliders, Warn X8000i

Comment

Originally posted by olivesta500:
          looks about right. id double check that with a measuring tape around the tube and divide that number by pi.
          cherry or apple?
          \"I\'ve always been crazy, but it\'s kept me from going insane\" -Waylon Jennings<br />----------------------------------

Comment

Working...
          X