New Compass

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Compass

My wife's old Pontiac G6 GT convertible has seen better days and she fell in love with the new 2017 Compass. We just picked it up Monday.
    So far is seems pretty decent only thing we both hate so far is the Engine Start Stop function. I wish there was a way to permanently disable it. We will just have to get use to turning the function off every time we start it.
    I've read a lot of reviews about poor power from the 2.4L but so far it seems pretty peppy paired with the 9 speed. A little skeptical of that transmission but time will tell.
    94' Jeep Wrangler Sahara Edition

zc0717 Definitely a nice looking car! I would agree about the start / stop function, it bugs me out when I have my windows down and I hear it from other cars. Lots of luck with it!

Feel free to <PM> us to place an order, ask questions, or for any general inquiries you may have!

Comment

I don't think it will actually save that much fuel. Hoping someone comes out with a fix to deactivate it.

Comment

Originally posted by zc0717 View Post
        I don't think it will actually save that much fuel. Hoping someone comes out with a fix to deactivate it.
        Keep an eye out in the aftermarket. Someone may end up selling a module or a flash for the factory computer to shut the feature off permanently. Did you reach out to the dealer to see if it was something they offered? Also if you know anyone who is good with performance tuning who has access to the software, they may be able to go in through the OBDII port and shut it off for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve-Oh View Post

Keep an eye out in the aftermarket. Someone may end up selling a module or a flash for the factory computer to shut the feature off permanently. Did you reach out to the dealer to see if it was something they offered? Also if you know anyone who is good with performance tuning who has access to the software, they may be able to go in through the OBDII port and shut it off for you.
          So far nothing is being offered and I don't know anyone I'd trust to mess with a new cars computer lol. Dealer said there is no way to turn it off or at least they won't share that info.

Comment

FYI: Just an observation as to this same issue being installed on all 2018 & above vehicles. I've seen a video of a fellow who opened the vehicle's hood, locate a push button switch, disconnected this devices and left the wired harness unattached under the hood. Closed the hood and never encountered any more ESS issues there after. Check under the vehicles hood on the drivers side near the fire wall but more on the side fender.

Reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSdvUh5ygdY
            Last edited by RubiconFreedom; 03-28-2018, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TrailBadger View Post
              FYI: Just an observation as to this same issue being installed on all 2018 & above vehicles. I've seen a video of a fellow who opened the vehicle's hood, locate a push button switch, disconnected this devices and left the wired harness unattached under the hood. Closed the hood and never encountered any more ESS issues there after. Check under the vehicles hood on the drivers side near the fire wall but more on the side fender.

Reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSdvUh5ygdY
              Bad thing about disconnecting that sensor is it deactivates the remote starter also. I know my wifeís not giving that up lol

Comment

Then I guess you're SOL. As of 2018 ALL vehicles are required to have the ESS system installed on them. The only exception to this is new ruling, Is if the vehicle has a manual transmission.

Comment

Oddly my brother recently picked up a 2018 Cherokee trail hawk and it doesnít have ESS which surprised me

Comment

Just for reference purposes:

http://media.fcanorthamerica.com/new...e.do?&id=15722

Also, I've heard of these people:

http://www.smartstopstart.com

Comment

Just wanted to do a little update on the Compass since itís almost been a year since we got it. It has 7,500 miles on it and no issues to date.

No mods but tinted the windows and put on some oem mud flaps. If you live where they put salt and anti-skid on the roads in the winter I advise getting mudflaps for these. The front tires throw it right at the front of the rear tires and destroys the soft plastic rocker panels. The oem mudflaps look pretty decent too and I was able to install them without drilling.

My wife only drives a quarter mile up the road to get to work so her gas mileage isnít the best but usually averages 22mpg around town. I drive it for work whenever I have to drive far, which is usually once or twice a week, and get a consistent 34 mpg according to the dic. I havenít confirmed that yet tho. My only complaint is the 13 gallon gas tank. It gets great gas mileage but I feel they couldíve put a bigger tank in this thing.

4x4 has worked flawlessly. Never got stuck in the snow this winter, even driving it around my yard which has a pretty decent grade.

Only other complaint is the is the lack of storage. The center console is extremely tiny and the glove box isnít much bigger.

Overall we are very happy so far, and in about 6 months we will see how it handles a car seat

Comment

Good to hear. Once of my coworkers has an older Compass... and I pick on him about it. But, he has driven it successfully down some pretty torn up washed out dirt (read: MUD) roads.
                        '07 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 Ram 1500 Crew, '73 Super Beetle, '08 KLR650, '07 Suxuki GZ250 (wife)
                        a '73 CJ5 i used to own , Find your State Laws

Comment

Working...
                        X