Spacers and lift kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spacers and lift kits

I just bought my first Jeep (2014 Wrangler Sport) and am considering lifting it about 2" and putting on 33" tires. I'm keeping the stock wheels. Do I also need to add spacers? If so, how much or does that depend on personal preference?

Originally posted by jhowell64 View Post
    I just bought my first Jeep (2014 Wrangler Sport) and am considering lifting it about 2" and putting on 33" tires. I'm keeping the stock wheels. Do I also need to add spacers? If so, how much or does that depend on personal preference?
    Hey there,

You can put the 33s on your stock JK with wheel spacers or after market wheels with 4.5 inches of backspacing.

If you do the 2" and If you are going to keep your stock wheels you will need spacers to prevent any rubbing. I recommend the 1.5 inch Spidertrax. https://www.quadratec.com/products/92807_0051.htm

Have a great day,
    Hailey

Feel free to <PM> us to place an order, ask questions, or for any general inquiries you may have!

Shop Jeep Parts

Comment

If you're going with the spacers, go with the 1.5" spacers.

I ran 285/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers on my 07 JKU.
      I ran them on the stock wheels without a lift, with 2" spacers and then with 2.5" OME coils.

I landed a set of aftermarket wheels, 17x9. They have a deep offset... so I'm still running my wheel spacers.

2.5" coils, 285/70/17 on stock wheels with 1.5" spacers.

Same tires on new wheels, slightly wider.

Aftermarket wheels with spacers with lift with 35/12.20's

Comment

Originally posted by Quadratec View Post

You can put the 33s on your stock JK with wheel spacers or after market wheels with 4.5 inches of backspacing.
        Be aware.

If you're going to 33's on stock height, you may need to add either a longer bumpstop or a bumpstop spacer on your Jeep IF YOU ARE WHEELIN it. If it's primary use will be street, then skip the bumpstops. It may only be an issue with maxing out suspension travel while steering... and is a hit/miss issue depending on your Jeep.

Comment

Working...
        X