E3 Spark plugs in 4.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E3 Spark plugs in 4.0

Does anyone here have any experience with E3's in a 4.0? I want to do a tune-up on my 89 XJ and am curious about them. Any improvements in MPGs?
    Emergency Medical Responder, First Responder, what have you
    1990 XJ Laredo stock and fully loaded
    '89 XJ Laredo lifted 2.5" on 31x10.50s
    Build Thread

from what i've read on other forums... the E3 quality is poor and prone to failure or breakage when installing.

no personal exp
    '07 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 Ram 1500 Crew, '73 Super Beetle, '08 KLR650, '07 Suxuki GZ250 (wife)
    a '73 CJ5 i used to own , Find your State Laws

Comment

I've had the E3 in my '00 XJ for 1 1/2 years now and no problems. I have the Bosch Platnium +4 in my '98 for two years.

Horsepower TV and Trucks have run dynos on both spark plug brands and have rated the E3 high on their performance rating.

No spark plug is going to give you magical MPG improvements. What they do do is to improve combustion burn resulting in gains in HP and torque. When you improve both of these with no other changes, MPG improvements can be had, but minimally. Gains would be over a period of time.
      1998 XJ Laredo - Stock-Staying that way
      2000 XJ - 6" w/35s - Full Specs
      TireTown 4 Wheelers Lifetime President

Comment

Spark plugs and engines must be like guns and ammo then, some loads work for some and don't for others. I ended up getting champion platinums
        Emergency Medical Responder, First Responder, what have you
        1990 XJ Laredo stock and fully loaded
        '89 XJ Laredo lifted 2.5" on 31x10.50s
        Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by austinjoe13 View Post
          Spark plugs and engines must be like guns and ammo then, some loads work for some and don't for others. I ended up getting champion platinums
          I'd say that's 100% correct.
          1998 XJ Laredo - Stock-Staying that way
          2000 XJ - 6" w/35s - Full Specs
          TireTown 4 Wheelers Lifetime President

Comment

Working...
          X