My current project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great. well done.
    '07 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 Ram 1500 Crew, '73 Super Beetle, '08 KLR650, '07 Suxuki GZ250 (wife)
    a '73 CJ5 i used to own , Find your State Laws

Comment

Originally posted by b1pig View Post
      Looks great. well done.
      Thanks, it's a big change. I'm still getting used it that's for sure. I think it looks better though.
      95 YJ: 4.0, AX15, SOA, RE SOA Springs, 1" shackles, 1" body, SYE, locked 44, locked 8.8, high steer w/crossover, 37x12.5's on 15x10 beadlocks, OBA, winch, and a few other things. My Build Up Post -- Photos -- Jeep FAQ -- Mike

Comment

Well work on the DRZ has not stopped, however it did slow as I worked on things and paused to order parts, then order more parts. New tires are on. I'm still waiting on new hex plugs for the brake calipers to show up (should be tomorrow) as the the flat head ones are dumb to put it politely.

So I was told the left side spacer was the same and would eliminate the speed sensor, so I ordered the Suzuki spacer. It's not the same, at least not for Warp 9 wheels? It's definitely a different length than the speed sensor. So I ended up with three different spacers, none of which were the correct length in total. So I decided to take apart the speed sensor.

Correct spacer, speed sensor eliminated:

Quickly took it for another ride. With the float adjusted, it's still staying on the rich side (pegged rich) down low, however I quickly gave it some more throttle and my AFR gauge, instantly started to head towards the mid 14s so things maybe completely different as soon as I get it a bit more broke in and really get on it some more.
        95 YJ: 4.0, AX15, SOA, RE SOA Springs, 1" shackles, 1" body, SYE, locked 44, locked 8.8, high steer w/crossover, 37x12.5's on 15x10 beadlocks, OBA, winch, and a few other things. My Build Up Post -- Photos -- Jeep FAQ -- Mike

Comment

any changes in the fuel map?
          '07 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 Ram 1500 Crew, '73 Super Beetle, '08 KLR650, '07 Suxuki GZ250 (wife)
          a '73 CJ5 i used to own , Find your State Laws

Comment

Originally posted by b1pig View Post
            any changes in the fuel map?
            The float height was wrong, which wasn't helping. I also have a carb vent plugged (capped off), which probably is doing weird things. I have some factory parts coming which should allow me to properly vent the carb. I've ordered more needles again as well, which are more inline with what people of this engine size typically run. At the moment though it is just sitting as I'm stuck waiting on some parts.

Comment

Working...
            X