Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I might...

buy another Jeep finally...

It's been DECADES since I've owned my 99 TJ Sport. (my 4th of 4 Jeeps). [edit: OK, maybe not DECADES... but, nearly 2. I bought it in 01, sold it in 03... so, close... btw: can we say DeWALT, or **** Disney yet?]

As of yesterday, I'm halfway seriously considering another TJ for my Daily Driver duties. I'm tired of being cramped in an enclosed vehicle. I don't want another Harley. I can't afford another Early Bronco (Damn rust buckets are $60K now). So, looks like I'm going to have to break my rule of no more jeeps. I can still go topless and doorless in a TJ. And do it for around $5K.

It's either that, or a $10K 99 F350 CC/4x4/PSD/ZF6. I'd seriously consider the truck for work purposes. But, I don't get to commute in the topless/doorless truck. Unless I bust out the Sawzall again... HMMMMM, Options!!! :P
    I'm the guy your mama warned you about!!!

Looking forward to seeing what you get.....

Comment

Good luck. Its hard to find a good TJ that hasn't been horribly molested. Early JKs are getting cheap, but they're gutless.

You could try and find an old Dodge Dakota Convertible. I forgot they even existed until two weeks ago when a guy bought one from somewhere and brought it to town.
      '07 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 Ram 1500 Crew, '73 Super Beetle, '08 KLR650, '07 Suxuki GZ250 (wife)
      a '73 CJ5 i used to own , Find your State Laws

Comment

Awesome. Welcome back to the.....hmmmm. Jeep side. .
        Well....when you finally come back. Good luck with your search. I'm currently looking for a project jeep to put in the back yard and show it some TLC. And it tough finding a TJ worth putting the cash and time into. Alot of crap out there. It's sad.
        So any way. Good luck dude. Post up pics when you find one.

Comment

HMM... Was the forum down for a bit? I couldn't get on. I thought Quad finally dropped the forum. LOL!!!

Comment

Well, who knows.....
            '07 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 Ram 1500 Crew, '73 Super Beetle, '08 KLR650, '07 Suxuki GZ250 (wife)

Comment

I gave up on rebuilding the TJ in 2017. Frame was rusted to hell. I bought a JKUR.and then lifted it. what a good truck
              scars are souvenirs you never lose...

Comment

In case y'all aren't on my FB page...

I did buy the Jeep. Feb 14th. My love gift from me to me.

98 TJ SE (4cyl/5spd) 113K miles.

Came with a soft top, half doors with soft uppers and an iron horse plastic soundbar. Also equipped with a ghey ass hood rack for the hi-lift jack, decent front bumper (no clue who makes this one, found several vendors with "similar" front bumpers). And a smittybuilt winch. KC (non-daylighters) driving lights up front and spotlights on the windshield and a really cool (but, waste of a perfectly good vent) toggle switches in my drivers side vent. Also has a tuffy glove box door (bent to **** and no key for the lock, so it pops open when you're out driving). And a security doohickey for the aftermarket sony stereo. It HAD BFG 33x12.5x15 MTs when I bought it. Fronts were 100% worn and caused vibration issues right at 45MPH (my current commute speed). So, a set of new BFG 33x12.5x15 ATs were nearly immediately purchased and installed.

I deleted the soft top (removed hardware from the roll cage). Deleted the back seat (removed all hardware and seatbelts). Deleted the worn out carpet kit and added some awesome Chris Kyle Sniper front floor mats. Deleted the crappy spare tire and rack from the back tailgate. I purchased a new passenger mirror. Also purchased the mirror movers to put the mirrors under the KC bracket on the windshield. Movers are installed. Haven't moved the mirrors yet. New bikini top is now on as well as the grips for the roll cage. AND, just picked up a YJ soundbar for $40.00. Moved the plastic bar to the windshield and the factory(ish) bar to the back. Used the cable hole for the dome light to mount a Wilson 1000 antenna. (had to bang it flat to make it "work") CB will eventually be mounted to the front soundbar.

All in all. I paid $5500 for the Jeep. I have probably $1200 +/- into it. It's been a fun daily driver with the ATs and no vibration at 45. I need to buy new speakers for both soundbars and finish wiring them. I also need to finish the CB mount and wiring. Maybe a new stereo head unit and some bass behind the drivers and passenger seats. Tuffy console between the seats. And lastly, a rear deck lid that can be secured when the back door is closed and locked. Putting the spare tire ON TOP of the rear deck lid.

Comment

Comment

PB2 - Doesn't this kinda remind you of "BAM DAMNIT"??? :P

It's kind of a cross between "BAM DAMNIT" and my former 99 TJ Sport.

Bam Damnit was a red and black 4 cyl 5 speed on 31s. 99 TJ was a 4.0L 5 speed on 35s. Red TJ is 4 cyl 5 speed on 33s.
                    Bam Damnit had black rims. 99 TJ Sport had Chrome Rims. Red TJ has black rims.

99 TJ had KC lights (daylighters) on windshield and bumper. 98 TJ has KC lights (non-daylighter) on windshield and bumper.
                    99 TJ had bikini top, cage handles and dual soundbars. 98 TJ now has bikini top, cage handles and dual soundbars.

After all is said and done, I probably should have kept my 99. But, I gotta admit, I do love the RED better then the White TJ. And the 4cyl doesn't bother me as long as I don't plan on taking any road trips in this thing. 60 is about best I can do. I did do 70 on Friday downhill with a nice tail wind.
                    Last edited by JAFO; 03-31-2020, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Looks good, brother. No reason not to own a SWB 4x4 out there.

Comment

Working...
                      X