what's wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's wrong?

What's wrong with this truck...other than it's a Ford?

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/car/740457368.html
    What I mean to say is that I have a lot to learn...and that's what I'm trying to do here. Thanks for any help you can give me.

With the model or that truck specifically?

The truck should be sound, not alot of problems with anything on them. The 7.3 is good reliable engine, though no hot rod diesel like the 6.0. Mileage is a bit high, but no problem for a diesel, just getting broken in.

Now that particular truck might have issues, but in general they are good trucks.
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -0lllllll0-
    ()_) ()_)--O-)_)

Comment

i guess if you're wondering why the price is so low, you have to take in consideration that it looks like the base model work truck, with over 150K, and the truck is nearly 10 years old. Its probably right near KBB value. I didnt check, but only assuming. Those engines are well known for lasting over 300 to 500k if maintained.

if you need it, i say jump.
      - Dave
      2004 TJ 4.0L, Locked D44/D30, 4" Rough Country, 1" BL, JKS MML, 35x12.50 Rovers, Cragar 352 Sim-locks. KC 150w HiLites, SYE/CV shafts, Lined tub, Alloy 4.56's R&P, PE8000lb Mile Marker, Snorkel, Hoola girl on the dash. Photo 1 Photo 2 Photo 3 Photo 4

Comment

Originally posted by rockyjeep View Post
        i guess if you're wondering why the price is so low, you have to take in consideration that it looks like the base model work truck, with over 150K, and the truck is nearly 10 years old. Its probably right near KBB value. I didnt check, but only assuming. Those engines are well known for lasting over 300 to 500k if maintained.

if you need it, i say jump.
        We are talking about a truck that is worth $10,000+ at the lowest end, KBB.

I'm asking close to that for my 1991!!!

I'd love that truck, byut there must be a problem.

Probably stolen or something.
        1998 XJ Limited with too much stuff to post in 4 lines.
        1994 ZJ Limited, stock for now with A/T's
        1995 YJ w/ mods, Sadly gone. 1994 ZJ Laredo & 1993 XJ Sport, both Stock and gone.
        Originally posted by JAFO
        I was licking at the hole trying to get more out.

Comment

hell i didnt think it was worth that much. oh well...shows how much i know.

i still wouldnt pay that much for it.
          - Dave
          2004 TJ 4.0L, Locked D44/D30, 4" Rough Country, 1" BL, JKS MML, 35x12.50 Rovers, Cragar 352 Sim-locks. KC 150w HiLites, SYE/CV shafts, Lined tub, Alloy 4.56's R&P, PE8000lb Mile Marker, Snorkel, Hoola girl on the dash. Photo 1 Photo 2 Photo 3 Photo 4

Comment

Haha. reminds me of a guy in high school that bought a truck off a family member for $50 bucks. It was a nice 71 C-10. We all asked how he got it so cheap, and he said his uncle commited suicide in the vehicle. Bullet hole still in the seat. That was in autotech, and we all refused to work on the truck
            - Dave

Comment

Yeah I wish that was closer, I think I'd have a tow rig. Thats CHEAP! I'd look it over good from top to bottom if you think about buying it.
              95 YJ: 4.0, AX15, SOA, RE SOA Springs, 1" shackles, 1" body, SYE, locked 44, locked 8.8, high steer w/crossover, 37x12.5's on 15x10 beadlocks, OBA, winch, and a few other things. My Build Up Post -- Photos -- Jeep FAQ -- Mike

Comment

That depends a lot on the perspective of the seller, plus the market there. There may be a ton of diesels for sale there. That is a lot of miles for the average buyer, regardless of how long a diesel will go. While a diesel will go forever, the drivetrain is stock, and has its limits on mileage. Around here, because diesel is so high, they are not bringing top dollar. Plus, people are unloading big vehicles like crazy, before fuel goes higher and there will be less buyers for them. A close friend of mine has a 96 Dodge 3/4 ton, Cummins diesel, with 153000 miles. He just had the transmission rebuilt, which was $2600. He is asking $4000 for it, because it won't bring more. A few years ago it would, but not right now. Maybe the guy selling this Ford is in a panic. His loss will be someones gain. Looking at the interior, it probably is an XLT.
                95 Wrangler YJ I6 32RH auto 31x10.50's

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ...

Comment

Considering the way the economy is right now, and with diesel fuel at $4.56/gal. (here anyway), and the fact that a truck like that gets about 16 mpg (on a good day), add to that the fact that most reputable dealerships (again, around here) won't even look at a truck like that for a trade in... Yeah, it's still cheap, but not so cheap as to be overly suspicious. But like any used vehicle, give it a good once over.
                  /l ,[____],
                  l---L -0lllllll0-
                  ()_) ()_)--O-)_)

Comment

I agree with tater, trucks like that aren't selling, and the fact is the ppl who are not concerned about mileage or fuel cost aren't really looking to buy a base model work truck with alot of miles.

But, as said above the 7.3 is a sound engine, while no, its not the hot rod 6.0, you can chip it and do some other mods and get alot of performance out of it. If your looking for a tow rig, not a dd, and don't mind putting a little work and time into it, get it checked over professionally and then jump on it imo.
                    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.

Comment

The 7.3....reliable? Hell no its not. At least not the one that I have as a work truck. 1993 7.3, its not very reliable at all. And it does not have that much power, or acceleration. I honestly wish that i had never bought this truck.
                      \'98 TJ Sport. 4.0L, D30/D44. Rough Country 4\" lift, 33x12.50 TSL\'s on 15x10 Cragar Soft Black 8s. Borla Header, Borla Cat-back Exhaust. Tuffy Center Console. ARB Bull Bar, Warn 9.5 XP, A to Z Rocker Guards, Pair of KC Daylighters on the windshield mounts, Poweraid Throttle Body Spacer.

Comment

Here's the response I got from some generic questions...time for me to forget about this one...just sounds fishy to me...

Hello,

The 2000 Ford F-250 4x4 is in very good condition! It has never been wrecked. VIN: 1FTNW21F0YEA32089, Transmission - Automatic ,Exterior color Black , Interior color Gray ,159,638 miles ,Fuel type Diesel,Engine: 8 CYLINDERS 7.3 Liters , Vehicle title Clear.. Options - 4-Wheel drive, Air conditioning, Cruise control, Power locks, Power windows. My wife was recently promoted so we had to move in Montana. We brought the car with us. Besides, there are lot of things which have priority now, so, this car has to go. As you probably noticed, the price is rather low 4,000 Dollars for you if you will buy it today or tomorrow .Due to the fact I am very busy with my work and I don't stay too much at home, the car is already to the shipping company and will be delivered from there very fast, shipping cost is included in price.The transaction will be made under eBay's buyer protection plan. So, please reply back with your full name and shipping address if you are really interested in purchasing this car so we can start the arrangements!

My best wishes!
                        What I mean to say is that I have a lot to learn...and that's what I'm trying to do here. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Comment

Originally posted by OIIIIIIIO View Post
                          Here's the response I got from some generic questions...time for me to forget about this one...just sounds fishy to me...

Hello,

The 2000 Ford F-250 4x4 is in very good condition! It has never been wrecked. VIN: 1FTNW21F0YEA32089, Transmission - Automatic ,Exterior color Black , Interior color Gray ,159,638 miles ,Fuel type Diesel,Engine: 8 CYLINDERS 7.3 Liters , Vehicle title Clear.. Options - 4-Wheel drive, Air conditioning, Cruise control, Power locks, Power windows. My wife was recently promoted so we had to move in Montana. We brought the car with us. Besides, there are lot of things which have priority now, so, this car has to go. As you probably noticed, the price is rather low 4,000 Dollars for you if you will buy it today or tomorrow .Due to the fact I am very busy with my work and I don't stay too much at home, the car is already to the shipping company and will be delivered from there very fast, shipping cost is included in price.The transaction will be made under eBay's buyer protection plan. So, please reply back with your full name and shipping address if you are really interested in purchasing this car so we can start the arrangements!

My best wishes!
                          Now doesn't that soud like a scam? Send them 4 grand real quick, and you never hear from them again.
                          \'98 TJ Sport. 4.0L, D30/D44. Rough Country 4\" lift, 33x12.50 TSL\'s on 15x10 Cragar Soft Black 8s. Borla Header, Borla Cat-back Exhaust. Tuffy Center Console. ARB Bull Bar, Warn 9.5 XP, A to Z Rocker Guards, Pair of KC Daylighters on the windshield mounts, Poweraid Throttle Body Spacer.

Comment

well i think someone else agrees because i just tried to the link and it was flagged...
                            93 YJ 4.0 5 Speed<br />2.5\" lift with 31\" AT\'s

Comment

Working...
                            X